The members can get the books issued and returned from the library according to their category. There are well laid norms for issue and return.
Timings for issue and return:
|Monday to Saturday:
||09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
01:00 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.
The number of books that could be borrowed by a member from the library at a time varies category wise. Generally the books are lent for a period of 10 days.
||Category of member
||No. of books
||No. of days
Book may be re-issued if it is not in demand, but this will be at the discretion of the Librarian. The period of loan can be extended by the Librarian on the merit of individual case.
The reference books are not issued. They are meant for consultation within the library premises only.
- All the students, teachers as well as the non-teaching staff members are the members of the library.
- The Librarian at the discretion of Principal may allow others to make casual use of library.
- Before entering the library, personal belongings of the readers must be kept at the entrance.
- Librarian may recall any books from the borrower at any time after issue.
- There is an over due charge of Re.1/- (Rupee One) per day on every book beyond the allowed lending period.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules, members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- A borrower shall replace a book if it is lost while in custody.
- In case borrower fails to replace a lost or damaged book within a month from the due date of its return, he/she shall pay to the Library the full cost of the book.
- A person loosing or damaging Library books repeatedly shall be debarred from using the Library.
- The reference books, journals and dissertations etc. shall not be issued.
- In special cases, the Librarian at his/her discretion may issue a reference book for a short period.
Code of conduct in the Library
- Using the Library and borrowing books from it, is a privilege given to the members. Any misuse of this or violation of any rules or codes may lead to the cancellation of this privilege.
- The use of mobile phones in the Library is prohibited. Phones should either be switched off, or set to silent ring mode. Failure with these requirements may result in a fine and/or exclusion from the Library.
- Marking of books, dog-earing of pages and soling of books may deprive a member of his/her privilege.
- Members may give suggestions on acquisition of books, journals etc. and on all round improvement of the Library. Complaints, if any, be submitted to the Librarian in writing for proper action. Library rules may be amended or altered as and when necessary. For the final examination, the students are privileged to get the books issued on security that is refundable. After getting the no-dues cleared from the library, the students can get the security refund from the library itself.