Master of Education
Total Sanctioned strength :50
Eligibility for Admission to the M.Ed. course is on the basis of Joint Entrance Test conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh which is 55% in B. Ed. (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) (for 2015-16). The candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination can apply for the Entrance Test.
Scheme of Test
The scheme of Entrance test is as follows:
M.Ed. Entrance Test of 1 hour 30 minutes duration comprises 75 questions of one mark each. The test is objective type. Each question has four choices labelled as A, B, C and D.
The test shall be based on the foundation course curricula of the following papers in B.Ed. of the Panjab University:
- Philosophical and Sociological Basis of Education
- The Learner – Nature and Development (Educational Psychology)
- Teaching – Learning Process
- School Management
- Guidance & Counselling
Procedure for Admission
- After the result of the Entrance Test has been declared, all eligible candidates are required to send the application form for admission to M.Ed. to A.R. (CET Cell).
- The admission to the M.Ed. course is done strictly as per the N.C.T.E. norms by the Admission Committee to be constituted by the Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University.
- The Admission is done through centralized counselling. Every candidate has to appear in the counselling in person.
- The dates and venue for the counselling is notified in the leading dailies of the region.